Friday, August 24, 2012

4 Year Old Stats...Running a Little Behind This Time

Clark started Pre-K at his school (on a stagger start schedule) last week.  I was on the phone with the administration the week prior getting final paperwork together and didn't believe it when they said records indicated he hadn't been to the doctor since Feb 2011 (for a physical).  I called the doctor's office myself and yes, it was true and I was that mom.  You see, I had them booked for physicals around their birthday, but someone was sick and we needed to reschedule.  It is just easier to keep them on the same schedule, so when one cancels, we cancel all three.  Well, then this whole breast cancer thing came up and I just completely forgot to ever get it scheduled again.  Seriously, I am that mom.  I hate taking perfectly healthy children into an office where there are sick kids wandering around and spreading germs anyway, so you won't see me jumping at the chance to go to the office, despite the fact that we love the doctor and nurses and nurse practitioners.  And then I just had so many other things going on that I completely forgot.

Fast forward a few days and now I had a deadline to meet and the office managed to fit Clark in last week and the girls in this week.  I felt it necessary to post the stats all together, so I've been waiting with Clark's numbers until the girls had their appointment as well.  Drum roll please............

Official age: 4 years and almost 7 months

Kendall 39lbs (61%) and 42.2in (70%)

Emma 33lbs (17%) and 40.2in (29%)

Clark 36lbs (31%) and 42.5in (68%)

As our doctor predicted at age two, it still appears that Emma is built like a gymnast - petite and strong with long torso and short legs (AKA low center of gravity) and she will be lucky to hit 5 ft - 5 ft 2 in.  We are going to have to keep her focused on growing just a little bit taller before we can plan a family trip to Disney because the height requirements for some rides is 42 inches.  She is almost there.

It looks like there is a good chance Kendall will be taller at 5 ft 8-10in or so.  I knew she had sprouted and was growing quickly because dresses were suddenly too short at the beginning of the summer.  She is so muscular as well and even showed off her abs when the doctor checked out her belly.  She was very interested in what was going on around her.

Clark is growing like a weed.  Originally he was the smallest one of the bunch and now he is the tallest, though not by much.  He will have to keep eating those vegetables to stay ahead of his sister.  He was very chatty during both visits and was so pleasant with the staff when it was just the two of us for his appointment.  It made my heart smile to see him communicate with other adults and have conversations that were completely appropriate.  Of course, he asked about their vehicles and what color truck/car that they own, but that is just Clark.

They all handled their shots (just one for each child) as well as could be expected, but it did help that they got a sticker, a "treasure box" prize, a lollipop and then a trip to Wendy's for a Frosty.  Unfortunately, when two go at the same time, one gets the shot first and the other one has to witness it before actually experiencing it for themselves and that was not good for Kendall.  Poor thing.  She was asking for her shot as soon as we arrived and then Emma got hers first and it went downhill very fast as both girls got pretty upset.  Last year, Kendall actually watched them give her the shot and barely made a peep, so I was a little surprised by her reaction, but can't blame her since I've never been a fan of shots myself.

It is pretty late and I've got a long day ahead of me, so I'm going to stop here and plan to post another update tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments: