Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day







Pics: Mommy and babies on our first Mother's Day (date stamp on pic is WAY OFF, so don't mind that). One with Daddy too. Kendall then Clark in black and white. Troy's most recent favorite picture of Emma.

I've decided to start a new thing for me. Each day I'm reminding myself of at least five things that I'm thankful for. I know that this is something Oprah (and others) talked about years ago, but I never really took the time. Now I'm taking the time...because there are SO many things that I am thankful for. Today, I'm finally thankful to say that I'm a mother. What a wonderful day. It took me much longer to get here than I ever thought, but BOY did I get here!!!! :)
Wow am I thankful for my three beautiful babies. I'm thankful for a husband who loves all of us and is already a wonderful daddy. I'm SO thankful for all of the wonderful people who are helping us raise these babies - through your prayers, your help, your generous gifts. There is no question that our babies are loved and that is a wonderful feeling. I'm thankful that we have a home that is already proving to be a place where we will make many wonderful memories. I'm thankful for each little noise and coo that the babies make - especially the ones when they are eating. And I'm thankful for our family and friends. We are so fortunate to have family close by and friends who are such a big part of our lives. And I'm thankful for the mothers in my life - my mom, Karen, Sandi, Marsha and all of my friends. I've learned a lot from all of you during my time waiting to become a mother and I hope to be a good mother to my little ones.
So, there you have it. I'm feeling pretty thankful today. Sure, there are times that are really hard. And I hate it that sometimes THOSE are the things we talk/joke about. But when we get those beautiful smiles first thing in the morning (when neither of us are really ready to be awake)....ugh....it just makes your heart melt.
Happy Mother's Day everybody.

1 comment:

Coffeybunny said...

Beautiful post from a beautiful mommy. The babies look so much bigger!
Happy Mother's Day to you sweetie.