Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Belated Christmas - Happy Wk 29 - Heading into 2008


Well, we didn't have our typical dr appt this morning as it is tomorrow instead. So, in that sense, I don't have any "updates". I can say that I'm enjoying the extra insulin and the real sugar! I've had cookies and crumb donuts and Brusters ice cream (Peppermint Stick and Cake Batter are the top picks right now).

The babies seem to move non-stop, especially in the evening. Baby B (girl) has been the most active, although A & C make their presence known at times. They do seem to respond when I start talking to them, or when Daddy comes home and says hello. Baby B is the most likely to bump or kick to make sure we know she can hear us. Pretty cool. We're wondering if she will be the hyper one, or just the one who likes to be held and wants all of the attention. Should be interesting.

Early Christmas morning we were talking about how different it will be for us from now on. It's pretty exciting to think about next year's Christmas with 3 little ones in the house. Aside from that, Christmas was nice as we had breakfast with my family - including my nephew's fiance, Stephanie (he popped the question on the 23rd and she said YES). We are very excited that 2008 will not only bring the addition of the babies, but also a new member of the family (and a wedding - we love weddings!). Later, we had lunch/dinner with Troy's family and hung out there to visit with them. The rest of the day/evening was spent working on the nursery.

The nursery has definitely started to look like it's ready to just add babies and it will be operational. We are still trying to figure out where things should go, what we need on the changing table, etc. But all three cribs fit with plenty of room left for potentially adding a love seat or couch (we've heard that this is better than a typical glider or recliner when there's more than one baby and a chance of more than one caregiver trying to handle the babies).

Not sure that you can really see a change in the belly picture, but don't let that fool you. I'm really outgrowing shirts as my belly sticks out more each day. While my weight wasn't really increasing, I think it is not stopping them from growing bigger and stronger. We hope to get growth estimates tomorrow, but it will probably be next week before we hear anything on that.

While my goal is still 34 wks, I've decided to just live to get to the next week (OK, sometimes it's just getting to the next day that I'm thinking about). Right now, we are fast approaching 30 wks and that is great. I'm so relieved and thankful that things are going fine. I sort of wish it could be a little less uncomfortable, but I know that this does indicate that the babies are growing and that's exactly what we want. Another triplet mom that we met in a multiples class will be delivering this coming Sunday and she will be at 36 wks. AMAZING. So, I know it can be done. We are also very thankful for the continued prayers and support as we prepare for them and try to hold on until at least 34 wks. Hard to believe they could be here in 5 wks or less!!!! Crazy. Life will certainly get more interesting around our house!

In case I don't post before Tuesday, HAPPY 2008!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for the arrival, but hope that they stay put awhile longer. We're really enjoying the updates and with you ALL the best in 2008!

The Phoenix Gang