Monday, August 20, 2007

ho hum

Not much going on here. We are still waiting to get through the 1st trimester. I have a friend who once said that she was not fond of pregnancy as a condition, but the end result was certainly worth it. I can't say that it is THAT bad, but the exhaustion has a way of making me feel like a real loser. Especially when my hubby is running around like a madman doing things around the house, etc. Am I complaining?!?!? What, am I crazy?!?! That's the greatest thing ever. But it's still hard to sit and watch the world go by. I'm reminded by family, friends and even the dr that I'm in the middle of making THREE PEOPLE and this is all to be expected. Three people, wow. That would make anyone tired, right?
The food thing has been a little more challenging for the last 3 days or so. I had a bad experience with a cheeseburger at Chili's Friday evening. Not the cheeseburger's fault though. We are still in the "no cooking in the house" rule(unless I'm locked in a room upstairs), although there have been a couple of incidences of food production here. I know Troy will be glad when he can express himself in his culinary way (that many of us know and love) once I get through the food sensitivity period. I did have a desire for pork chops, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut the other day. I think it's part of the "sour food phase". The sauerkraut was definitely the best part..and this time it was Troy who was sensitive about the smell. :)
And, just a little TV update....CBS has brought back reruns of "Rules of Engagement". I'm hoping that it is because they will run new episodes this fall. If you haven't seen it, you should give it a try as it's pretty hysterical. I'm hoping that it, along with Grey's Anatomy, will provide me with hours of entertainment during the many days of low activity when my belly is sticking out like a giant basketball and I'm just taking it easy. I'm beginning to take suggestions about movies that I can catch up on if/when bedrest arrives. If you want to make any suggestions, please feel free to email me. I don't like any scary movies, but Troy does, so I can always pass those suggestions on to him. I definitely prefer comedy and chick-flick type movies.
We met another family with triplets this past weekend. They were selling a lot of the baby "equipment" and we went by to see all of the stuff. We were lucky to get to meet their one-year-old triplets (who were absolutely ADORABLE) and they were so kind to spend time with us answering questions, showing us the Triple Decker stroller, etc. We came away with a lot of cool stuff for our little ones when they arrive and felt good seeing that both parents still had their hair. Of course all of that excitement was like a giant shot of caffeine/espresso and I was a total crazed mommy-to-be when we left (poor Troy had to be cooped up in the car with me).
So, there's no big news to report, although at this point, no news is good news. Things seem to be going just fine. No matter how tired I am or how bad the food may smell, I am SO excited about our babies and can't wait until we get to meet them! We are moving into week 11 tomorrow. The countdown continues.....

No comments: