Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Oh the Places You Will Go..."


The picture above is just a glimpse of what tomorrow might bring for us.  The VBS week ends with a program for parents, friends and family tomorrow night.  This evening, we had a little rehearsal where the kids were able to get on stage and practice the songs and movements.  The 3 & 4 year-old group is at the front of the stage (NOT on the floor).  Our girls are on the left side near the speaker.  They are wearing matching striped shirts.  Clark was standing with me.
I hate that I haven't been able to bring my good camera, but they were short on volunteers for our group and I was sticking around because of some separation issues anyway.  This meant that I could not worry about my camera equipment since I was helping to herd the children and guide them through the process each evening.  I brought along my point-and-shoot, but it just hasn't worked for me. 
I'm excited about the program tomorrow night and hope that all three decide to get on stage but more importantly, I'm happy that they have enjoyed the activities this week.  We are sort of ready to get back to "normal" where the kids are going to bed closer to 8:30p rather than 9:30p (or later).  I think they are worn out and really hope they decide to catch up on some sleep this weekend, though I won't be holding my breath.
While I watched them practice this evening, I couldn't help but think about how many times we will be the proud parents out in the audience, bleachers, or wherever while watching one (or all) of our little munchkins.  There is so much more to come.....

No comments: