Thursday, January 17, 2008

BIG milestone Week #32!!!!



We've finally hit week #32! This is another BIG milestone for us. And we had our dr appt today and there was still no indication that they are ready to make their appearance. Baby C looked good and the cord flow had improved just a little, so that was a relief.
When we spoke with one doctor, he mentioned admitting me on Tues, Jan 29th for the steroid shot (to help their lungs mature quicker) and then schedule delivery for Thur, Jan 31st. He wanted to run that by the other dr, so there is nothing definite. We actually met with the other dr also and he wants to wait and see how things go next week, but he wouldn't let me go past 36 wks - IS HE KIDDING?!?!?!!? We will return to the office on Monday and they will do the growth scan/estimates on all three babies to be sure that they are still growing well. Then we will go back again either Thur or Fri and go from there.
Honestly, as Troy said, it's nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel and sort of have a more definitive goal, but we've been trying for 34 weeks all along. I just have to find a way to get comfortable and get more sleep for the next two weeks and I'll be fine. In the meantime, we just wait to see if they (the babies)decide that they have another agenda.
I'm still busy eating the bowl of 7-minute frosting. It really is fantastic. Since I only gained a pound this week, I have to try harder to get more calories and to try to make them count nutritionally, so I probably need to cut back on the donuts, icing, etc.
We are pretty excited about the possibility of being 14 days away from meeting our babies! I just can't even imagine what it is going to be like, but I'm sure it will be amazing.
I have finally managed to get an updated belly picture today (in honor of week #32). Just for "fun", I thought I'd also share my belly picture from 7/31/07 (just after my reunion and I would have been about 8 wks or so). Holy cow (no pun intended) - what a difference!!!!!
Please keep praying that the babies will continue to grow big and strong and to give the doctors the right information to know when "it's time". Thanks again for your continued prayers and support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I will continue praying for you and little ones! Keep us updated!

Sunny