Monday, January 14, 2008

Brrrrrrrr..and an adjustment to the "ticker"

First of all, for those of you who really know this pregnancy, I have made an adjustment to our "ticker" (the pea pod countdown at the top of the blog). Our official due date is 3/13/08 and the "weekly mark" is really Thursday, not Tuesday. That may not sound like much to most of you, but to me, I just lost two whole days!!!!! Really, it's fine, but we don't quite understand why the due date is what it is (since we had an IUI, the timeline is a little clearer than most), but this is what the doctors have been referring to all along - we've just ignored it. I thought it would be best to conform to their way of thinking and adjust the blog accordingly. So, we are just a couple of days away from the 32 wk mark which is our current goal....and the next dr appt.
Secondly, our heat quit working yesterday - or maybe Saturday. For those of you who have been pregnant, you might understand that I could care less about the heat and am relieved to not have to fight with it (I've been cracking windows open in the bedroom for weeks). But it is true that 50 degrees in the house is a little extreme and Troy is certainly not too happy. Fortunately, we are expecting to hear from the heating and air people today (sort of a former client, MK Mechanical). We are hoping it is something VERY minor as now is not really the best time to have a big repair expense. As I said, I could take it or leave it, but I think Troy isn't thrilled about sleeping in a sweater. :)
Aside from that, things are still moving along. I'm avoiding labor, contractions, etc, although there are definitely more contractions. Troy has been busy trying to finish up last minute things with the nursery and other preparations for the babies. We have the cribs in their "places" and have put the bedding on each one and worked to get the other things more organized. There is still more to do, but they could come home tomorrow and we would be able to accommodate them - good thing, huh?
I've had moments of panic about the logistics of managing three babies at once. How will we ever do it???? But then I think of those tiny fingers and toes and the smell of little babies (when they do NOT have a dirty diaper that is) and I just can't wait. I can't wait to see their faces and watch their expressions and hold them close....and I know Troy is just as excited. He feels like I've been "hogging" them all this time and he's ready for his turn. It's funny because the babies seem to respond to his voice when he talks to them in my belly. Sometimes it is just a little kick or bump and other times we get lots of movement, so that is really sweet.
Well, I just thought I'd post a little update as I noticed that there were blog hits and I felt that I was disappointing everyone by not saying hello.
Keep up the prayers and we're still going to aim for 32 wks and then 34 wks.

No comments: