Friday, March 18, 2011

How to wear them out....





First of all, do NOT provide chairs because my children will sit in them.  And when they are sitting, they are not burning off that three-year-old-energy that is NEVER-ending! 
That's really all I have to say about wearing them out because nothing seems to work these days.  They were outdoors for most of their waking hours today, yet they still argued about bedtime at 8:45 or 9p.  Seriously?!?  GO TO SLEEP!
Speaking of not going to sleep.  Emma was making some noise in her room a few minutes ago, so I went to check on her.  Usually her whimpers are related to a poopie diaper or the need to move into whatever bed she is not currently sleeping in at that moment or it might be to "rock you."  When I got to the door, I could tell she was out of her bed and just on the other side.  She was saying "I give you a hug."  Too sweet.  And so I rocked her and sang our go-to-sleep songs and put her down.  When I walked out, I just barely heard her whisper "I love you Mommy."  My heart is still melting.  It is those times that make me fall in love with them all over again. 
If I could just bottle up that feeling for those other times when they are all beating each other up or screaming.  But you take the good with the bad.  You remind yourself that all of those grouchy, temper- tantrum moments are worth it to get to the hugs, cuddles, kisses and "I love you's."
For now I'm going to just surround myself with the thought of Emma's "I love you" to get me to rest peacefully tonight.
And whether they are tired or not, I am pooped! 

No comments: