Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trippin' through Tuesday

 We had a storm blow through here around dinnertime and the kids really enjoyed just watching the rain from their window.  They stood there for about 15 minutes while I cleaned up the kitchen and just chatted and stared.  I think they were in some sort of trance watching the falling rain and the birds rush to the feeder. 
I learn so much when they are busy learning.  They taught me that I should sit still and just watch the rain.  So, I took a break with them for a few minutes, got a few pictures and then sat in the window to watch the rain fall.  It was incredibly peaceful and they were so curious about the storm (don't worry...no lightning or we would NOT be in the window).
I hope that they continue to remind me to take time to just observe things from that amazed and innocent sort of perspective.