Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Daddy!


You know, some nights I can't get any pictures of Clark.  Other nights, it is Kendall who avoids my lens.  And tonight it was Emma.  I got three pictures of her and two were blurry.   She was too interested in trying to push the buttons on my camera (a big NO-NO!).  Clark was a little easier to capture, but Kendall was on fire!  I couldn't take the pictures fast enough and was so happy to see a number of shots full of her amazing smile and you can also get the idea that she is mid-laugh at the time.  Clark had her cracking up at one point and I'm so glad I caught a picture.   And I love the one of the little fingers and toes.  I don't think I want them to get any bigger than they are right now!
Yesterday I got out the "doctor kit" for toddlers and they have been pretty fascinated.  There's a blood pressure cuff, a stethoscope, a band aid (which looks like a bracelet), "needle" for a shot and a thermometer.  I just have to be sure that they don't jump around with that stupid shot-thing.  She was trying to teach it how to jump off of the step.  Yes, tonight was more of the same jumping-from-the-step game, but they really do love it and stay busy for at least 15 minutes which I love.
I also found a new Signing Times DVD at the library which we all watched together.  We learned "hat, ball, coat, shoes, socks, sorry, please, thank you, train, plane, bicycle, boat."  I really do enjoy watching the Signing Times DVDs and would highly recommend them to anyone with infants and toddlers. 
And today is DADDY'S BIRTHDAY!  Woo hoo!  We were even able to get the kids to sing a modified version of the Happy Birthday song.  Emma sang it just before going to bed, but said "Happy Birthday Pee Pa" instead of Daddy.  I can't blame her for getting confused since we just learned about the Happy Birthday concept the other day for Pee Pa's birthday. 
So, Daddy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  We will celebrate and just pretend that it is tomorrow since he had to work until just before bedtime.  I didn't even let him have their cards yet.  I'm sort of hoping they get into it a little more if they see him open cards, etc.  We'll see how it goes and share the story tomorrow night.

No comments: