Monday, July 5, 2010

Part 1: Sharing Our Family Fun on the Fourth...on the Fifth

Sunday was an incredibly long day and I was just too tired (and it was getting a little too close to midnight) to get anything posted.  We had a great time with lots of family on the 4th of July.
Daddy had to work early Sunday, so I loaded up the kids and we met Auntie Karen and Uncle Tom at the mall for some playtime in the kids area and some strolling around.  We also introduced them to one of those merry-go-round things.  There is one that holds three children and costs $1.  Seriously?!?!  I think they were 10 cents when I rode them, but at least all of my own kids filled up the ride.  Of course, when it was over, Kendall wasn't ready for the fun to end and started to pitch a fit.  I told them they could go for one more ride and then we would get something to eat.  Yet again, a small tizzy (spelling???) began, but we distracted her with promises of pretzels and juice.  They also love the bridge over the water fountain.  We always have to spend a few extra minutes checking out the water, money on the fountain floor and the fake ducks in various positions (flying, almost flying, floating).  Great efforts were made to get a few shots with the kids together, but they weren't particularly cooperative.
And I've decided to split up the festivities and post the pictures from the trip to the mall before lunch first and then I will post the other pictures tomorrow.  There are just so many that I can't sort through them all at one time!  The one of Clark's huge smile is obviously very blurry, but he was having such a good time that I love the shot anyway.
I'm not sure what to think of that picture above....future with Pop-a-lock?  Or a potential thief? Maybe an engineer?  Let's keep our fingers crossed that he has an engineering-type mind and goes in that direction.
A big sale at the Disney Store?????


And, for the record, our kids LOVE raisins.
I'll be back tomorrow with pictures from our Sunday afternoon visit with Aunt Marsha, Uncle Bill, David and Marshall.  Happy Clean Sheet Sunday on Monday!

No comments: