Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stay-cation: Day 2

We had another productive day with a little relaxation thrown in for good measure.  Troy did an amazing job fixing my little boo-boo on the van.  Yesterday I looked like a distracted driver who has no sense of the size of her vehicle.  Today it isn't quite that bad.  As the kids would say "Good job Daddy!"  :)  Since he did such an awesome job, I suggested that he use his Valentine's gift from me and go get a massage (he gave me the same thing and I'll have to get an appointment scheduled as well).  I met Auntie Karen to do a little Summer 2011 shopping for the kiddos.  Have I mentioned how hard it is to shop for them?  First of all, they seemed to have sort of stalled in their growth.  Plus I have two girls who are completely different sizes and one has long torso and short legs, while the other has longer legs.  Anyway, it's getting harder and harder to predict what clothing sizes will work for them in the next season, let alone the next year!
I returned home to continue working on filing, organizing and eliminating stuff!  I have almost filled a second 13-gallon trash bag of shredded papers!  I had paperwork from 2007 that had never been filed or sorted because of my pregnancy and then the kids arrived, so that has all just been piling up in storage bins, except for things that are absolutely necessary (like backup for filing tax returns).  I've been denying that it was quite that bad, but when I found 2007 bank statements and other receipts I knew I was in trouble.
Anyway, we also took a family trip to Target this evening to buy the kids (and Daddy) bike helmets.  I already got mine the other day, but everyone needs to be there in person to be sure that you get the right fit.  Daddy also put together the second bike trailer and is working on installing the pieces that will hook them to our bikes.  I still can't say if we will get the kids out in the trailers in the next few days, but we'll see.  They did have a lot of fun spinning the tires and I took Emma on a make-shift rickshaw type ride in the little trailer. 
Tomorrow is another day of home projects and then preparing for our Thursday surprise, which could take a little while.  I'm hoping to take some time out and maybe even fit in a nap, but I won't hold my breath! :)  Naps are overrated anyway, right?????
I was only able to take a couple of pictures this evening while they played in the garage.  They were pretty interested in the birthday party going on across the street.  Emma even took a break from licking her play doh to see what was going on over there.  Ewwww!

No comments: