Saturday, July 31, 2010

Two and a Half!!!

Today my babies are two and a half years old!  Wow!  What a crazy ride.  This is also a day that marks twenty years ago that my family lost my nephew, Scott.  He was almost three years old at the time and it brings me to stop and pray for my sister's family and also for my children because I just can't imagine...well I can't even contemplate it here. 

Anyway, we did have a little celebratory meal with the kids at Puelo's Grille tonight (thanks to a gift card from Marsha).  Kendall seemed much better today and didn't have any stomach issues.  After spending the day on a restricted diet, we felt like she could stand to live a little, though she still ate cautiously this evening.  Once we finished dinner, we decided to take the kids to get frozen yogurt, which they loved!  It was M.E.S.S.Y.  But totally worth it.

Tonight I wanted to share a few funnies with you that have happened over the last few days.  I apologize if they aren't super-funny to everyone who reads this, but keep in mind that this is "our scrapbook" so I'm trying to write down a few things that I'd like to remember ten years from now. 

Funny #1 - The other night, Uncle Stevie set up the baby dolls in the chairs in the play room.  While I was doing the bath routine, apparently the remaining two children would discipline the dolls by saying "Stop it." And "No Ma'm."  He was cracking up and I just worry that they get scolded too much. : (

Funny #2 - When Emma was up screaming the other night (oops, I just spilled the who-dunnit-beans), we could hear her on the monitor saying "Whas wrong?" And "No ma'm."I felt sorry for her, but sort of giggled that she knew it was sort of unnecessary to be so upset over nothing in particular.

Funny #3 - I can't remember if I've mentioned it, but the kids have started breaking into song during mealtimes.  They are sort of done eating but haven't asked to get down and one of them (usually Kendall) starts singing.  She tends to start out with "Twinkle, Twinkle" and then moves right into "The Alphabet Song" which is often followed by "Issy Bibsy Spider" (you know the one, right?).  This morning, as usual, there was singing and Daddy joined in so Kendall turned to me (I was innocently folding laundry) and said "Sing Mommy!"  No slackers allowed in this house!  You must participate or get called-out.  :)

Funny #4 - Clark is now saying goodbye to everything.  "Goodbye water.  Goodbye ice cream.  Goodbye dinner.  Goodbye car.  Goodbye bike."  It's pretty comical to hear him in the back of the van sort of mumbling his goodbyes to whatever we are no longer seeing at the time.  It seems that he is being so polite, don't you think.  He's also the one who usually says "Bless you" whenever I sneeze.  Sweet.

And, speaking of Clark talking, I wanted to mention that the improvements in his speech are nothing short of amazing these days!  He is talking a lot, initiating conversation, naming objects and items everywhere he goes and singing along with us.  He often will remember lines in DVDs they watch and repeat them later or start speaking along with the character on TV (especially with "The Letter Factory" and "Baby Dance").  We are so proud of him and the progress he has made during the last year!  

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy 2 1/2 you adorable little dumplins! You are growing up so fast and amaze us with something new every visit. We love you! ♥♥♥