Monday, July 26, 2010

Real World: Day 1 - Reliving the Dream





















I really did take A LOT of pictures during our trip and decided to look back through some of them to see if I skipped anything of interest. I found some that made me giggle. And others that reminded me that this trip really was all about the kids and that it didn't have to be perfect.

Emma striking a pose. Clark thinking about whether to run back into the spray or sit this one out and have a snack.





Check out the (not-so-great) one with Kendall screaming. See the girl in the far left-hand side of the picture? She got Kendall screaming at the top of her lungs and I caught a picture that will remind me of that scream many years from now. And Marshall was posing on the statue things and then working to spray the kids sometimes too.
No, it was not the perfect trip. But the kids did have a lot of fun and we made some family memories.


Recovering from a venture like this one was challenging. Unpacking the kids, the van, the suitcases. Getting back on track. On Saturday, I made mac-n-cheese for the kids and used the Coffeemate creamer instead of milk (he has a 1/2 gallon container that is similar to the one with the kid's milk). It wasn't bad though. And then on Sunday, I had the brilliant idea to make a lemonade pie. Troy had to actually do the "cooking" because I was shoulder-deep in laundry (clean sheet Sunday was NOT going to take a vacation!). He accidentally added sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk. Again a silly mistake that actually turned out just fine. I know that I did other things that were just plain stupid and lame-brained (and meant to blog about them) on Saturday and Sunday because I was just so out-of-sorts and trying to get back in our "at-home-groove" but I've already forgotten it all.
That's just it. When it comes to the crazy, screwed-up stuff, we will probably forget all about it. There are no pictures of Emma having a meltdown or us trying to round them all up at bedtime. But we will always have these pictures to remind us of the fun times and the new experiences that we shared as a family. Traveling with two-and-a-half year old triplets is not for the faint of heart. It was hard. I will not lie. Will we do it again? Eventually (when they are five???). Maybe even sooner if we keep looking at these pictures though. :)

No comments: