Friday, February 26, 2010

And for dessert...French Toast with Beebabies!








I should explain that "beebabies" are what Emma calls blueberries and strawberries. Anything of the berry persuasion. It's probably the cutest thing I've heard yet.

They ate well for dinner and I had two pieces of French toast in the fridge and thought I'd make dessert by adding some fresh blueberries and strawberries. My kids LOVE berries. They LOVE fruit, in general, but definitely berries. They light up when dessert is fruit. Yeah! They DO get a cookie or cake or ice cream sometimes too, but it's nice that they think fruit is a dessert/treat.

Tonight Clarkie blew a kiss to Uncle Stevie. It was just precious! I'm so proud of my big boy! He was building a super-tall tower of blocks too. Clark can count to ten in words that aren't quite right, but definitely the right sound and sequence and we love to hear him counting. He also is working on learning his ABCs with sissies.

Kendall was happy singing and dancing along with songs on one of their CDs. She also had a lot of fun playing with her spaghetti noodles at dinner and loved the first taste of peanut butter and banana.

Ems was just excited about anything fruit-related...beebabies, neena (banana) and something she says for peanut butter, but I can't think of it at the moment.

The first three pics came about when I told them I would take their picture and to say "cheese"....that's what I got. Emma smiling through her VERY full mouth of french toast; Clark looking up like I was putting him out by asking for a smile; Kendall looking away from me just because I asked her to be cheesy.

No comments: