Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Memories in a Moment

There is a picture that I have of my nephew.  He was a toddler at the time (my sister could probably tell you his exact age then...but for the record, he is over 30 now).  Anyway, I remember that he was looking at the National Enquirer Christmas tree.  They had a huge tree every year on display for the holidays (it was in South Florida).  This picture is one of my nephew wearing a turtleneck sweater (as I recall, though odd for South FL, huh?) and gazing at the tree.  You can't see the tree in the picture.  But in his face was the reflection of the lights.  Not actually a reflection, but the warmth of the colors washed over his face.  And there then there was a look of complete amazement on his face.  I still love that picture.
I really hope to take pictures like that of our children and remember special moments associated with them.  Tonight, Clark was singing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" along with Daddy and I got the picture of him with his arms over his head.  Later, he and Kendall were racing around to go down the slide.  I think he might have thought she was chasing him.  That's when I caught the picture of him laughing with her on the steps of the slide.  And the one of Emma with her arm up was taken while she and Daddy were singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and doing the rowing. 
I hope that we will have many more moments that are captured in a picture and that I am able to look at the shot and recall that very moment.  At the very least, I hope that I will be smart enough to write about it here and share it with them when they are older. 

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln"

No comments: