Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Evening Entertainment

After a rough night with Emma deciding to bunk with us, I thought I'd try a different approach and not have anyone come to entertain the kids while I did the bath and bed routine.  We knew Daddy was working late and I would be on my own.  Don't get me wrong, either of us CAN do the nighttime thing on our own.  But who would WANT to if they had another option?!?!?  I wanted to see if we could keep things pretty calm and it would allow for me to get more one-on-one time with each of them.  We watched a zoo movie while the baths went on and then we read books and just goofed off. 
I thought I'd mention that the Leapfrog Phonics Radio thing is amazing!  Ems was "strolling" it around the play area in the stroller (along with a baby) until Clark confiscated it and started to sing along to the Alphabet Song.  I'm so happy to see the progress he is making!
Mommy also tried out haircuts for the girls.  I just did a little trim on their bangs while they were in the bathtub.  No meltdowns.  In fact, they were so distracted that I don't know that they were even aware that I was cutting hair.  I just know that it will be a while before I can get them back to a stylist or whatever and that doesn't come cheap.  I would NEVER try to trim Clark's hair because it could really be BAD.
Happy Tuesday.  I need to get to bed early tonight.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do any photo editing before posting pictures, so ignore the red eye and any other little things that might be annoying to the less-than-casual photographer. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the haircuts! I'm impressed. - tami

Karen said...

Oh look how cute those little bangs are! Good job. Look like they had a fun night with mommy.