Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pigtails!

Mommy played with the girls' hair this morning and got a few pictures before the pigtails disappeared.  Clark even got in on the hair action when he found the brush.  I think he doesn't quite understand why the girls get those cool things in their hair and he doesn't, but that's only one of the many things that will seem unfair to him during the next 16-18 years, I'm sure. :)  Let's face it, shopping for girlie clothes and shoes is MUCH more fun than boring boy clothes and shoes, right?  Actually, I DO like some of the boy's stuff that's out there, but not necessarily the prices.
Getting back to the pigtails....they didn't last long at all.  In fact, I think we even had to get Kendall's back up before I showed up with a camera.  They just can't stand to leave those things alone in their hair.  I've tried boring barrettes and ponytail-holders and flashy ones but it makes no difference.  SOMEONE will be pulling them out given the opportunity (see the picture with K in the background checking out E's pigtails and then the next shot with her patting Sissy's head.....she SO wants to pull those things out!).  I am going to spend some time thinking about hair options for toddlers and see if there isn't something out there that would work better.  If not, maybe I need to create something!!!  It could be that million-dollar-baby-hair-holder that could give me the retirement that Daddy and I dream about.  And don't you go stealing my idea.  Wait.  I didn't share it with you.  I only told you that we NEED something that works better.  Please feel free to leave me a comment if you have found something that works with your children as I'm open to suggestions.
Mommy bought training pants this afternoon (for the kids).  Yes.  Potty training is a possibility in our house.  I just don't know that I'm up for it...emotionally or physically.  But it might be our "window of opportunity" right now, so there is a chance that I'll be updating with potty news for the next few weeks.  If you don't have the stomach for this sort of thing, then be warned.  This just might not be the blog for you.  Because once we get rolling, I intend to document it for our family historical records....or just for a good laugh later (like at the rehearsal dinner for any one of our "babies" when they get married). 

Enjoy some pigtail pictures and we will see you tomorrow.  I hope that everyone survived their April 15th. 
And Clark sends extra hugs and kisses to Auntie Chris and Rachel since his screaming sister sent them running for the hills this afternoon.  He hopes that it won't keep them from visiting again (or at least taking him away from this girlie-girl play area/prison that he is stuck in each and every day). 
Thanks to Auntie Lynn and Auntie Deb for taking the time out of their busy evening so that Mommy could get in some girl-time with her Bunco group. 

No comments: