Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I admit it....I take performance enhancing drugs...




I have to come clean. I DO take performance enhancing drugs at times. What?!?! I'm not a runner, a baseball player or an Olympic athlete. I'm a mom of triplets. And I only try to work part-time (I just can't imagine how moms are able to work full-time). And there is just a lot to do. So, yes, I admit it....I take PMS meds. Yup. That's it. It's out in the open. It's not for the PMS (in most cases), but the caffeine. I don't drink coffee and usually can't find enough time in the morning to get any sort of beverage or nutrition in me that will help me get done all that needs to be done while tending to three sunshine-y kids. Troy says that I'm "Kim-on-crack" because I just get going and can't shut it down (especially the conversation), but mostly, I just get stuff done. A LOT of stuff. And at the end of the day, I feel pretty good about it. Toot-toot. I am tooting my own horn here. Not for the pat on the back from anyone, but so that I can go to my first photography class tomorrow night and not feel guilty about it. It's hard not to feel bad about taking the time away from the kids and away from all of the other things that I SHOULD be doing. I want to learn how to use my super-cool camera that hubby gave me as a belated BD gift (just before Christmas) and he also signed me up for this class. I hope to be able to take better pictures of my kids and do a better job at documenting our family memories and maybe even save some money too (by not using a professional photographer - but I'm not holding my breath on that one).
So shoot me. I take PMS pills that give me an extra burst of energy when I just don't think I can drag myself out of bed. I hope no one thinks less of me for admitting it.
Just look at these kids?!?!? Cute, right? Wouldn't YOU want to be able to take better pics of them too?????
By the way...we were practicing our "Happy Birthday" song tonight and Clark was SO tickled and I tried very hard to get a good shot, but just couldn't get my camera to cooperate (hence the class). But I am happy with these shots. Kendall was very happy to get "her" kitchen back in the playroom today. Now if we can just keep them from climbing on it and tipping it over they can keep it for a while.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh I have loved catching up on the last few days of pictures. Can't wait to see the munchkins. Sounds like we missed a wild week!

Angela said...

Just came across your blog. We have GGB trips as well. Your trio is adorable! So I'm not sure what I should be more jealous of, your new camera (my dh better get on the ball), your Coveted Step 2 choo choo (we're going bananas trying to find one) or your Performance enhancing drugs! It's probably the later! Hope to visit you again soon! Found you on M&M! Stop by if you have time...heehee at the Friesen Funny Farm!

The Deakins said...

Kim, heck I don't judge at all! infact, I think I might join!!! sounds like a great idea. I don't do coffee either, but I don't have triplets either-by the looks of my house, you might THINK I do. but anyways, that's a great idea! may even start tomorrow! hope you get nothing but some dried up happy go lucky to be snowed in kids tomorrow!