Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pajamadini or Houjama or we'll just say "Pajama Houdini"








Our Emma. I think this will be my post about her. I had an entirely different post saved and ready to go until this happened and I felt it deserved it's own place in our blog history.
About an hour ago she was fussing in bed. Not hysterical, but more than a whine. Daddy and I both tried to let her work it out on her own for a little while but he felt compelled to check on her because he had visions of poop being painted all over the walls. She is our "diaper-diver" you know. We have had to keep her in footie jammies that zip up or use a sleep sack (it goes over the jammies and zips up from the bottom, so there is a greater challenge to get it undone). Tonight I selected warmer fleece-like jammies that are really 24 mos and fit Kendall much better. It's pretty cold outside and I thought she could use the extra fluff in her jammers. So these were definitely big on her, although I didn't see that as a problem.
Back to Daddy and his decision to intervene. He walks into her room and quietly tries to calm her and can tell that she is standing in her crib. He moves over to hug her and realizes that she is buck naked (or butt naked, depending on how you say it). Yup. No jammies. No diaper. Just Emma and what the good Lord gave her. I don't know how afraid he was to turn on the light, though I would have been terrified. She was standing there with her PJs wadded up in her arms. They were still zipped up and the diaper was in tact down one leg. Seriously?!?!?! How in the world did she do THAT?!?!!?! Pajama Houdini.
He brought her to tell me the story (naked still) and she just smiled, waved and said "hi-eee". That is her way of trying to kiss-up when she knows she has done wrong. Very wrong. She knows that her cuteness makes it hard to get mad. Ugh. She is now in a pair of footie PJs that fit snugly and wearing a sleep sack that not only zips from the bottom, but its on backwards, so she (hopefully...SURELY) can't get it unzipped.
She's our Ems. She has a funny squeal that will probably one day shatter glass and certainly doesn't do much for my hearing, but it is precious. She has quite a kick as well. I'm sort of thinking she might be our soccer star, but who knows. She is the one who has bonded to a plaything - Doo Doll. Emma loves to sing and dance and gallop and run. She says "bee-er" for bear and "tee-ta" for Santa and "Poo Pa" for Grandpa. She also seems to like the time she gets on her own - in her crib or in the play room 9when no one else is there to bother her and steal the toy she is interested in at the time). One particular favorite, the Elmo felt set and book, can keep her occupied for quite some time while she takes out each piece, one by one and arranges them in the book. She then puts them into a stack (very neatly) and gets incredibly aggravated when a sibling tries to get involved. She's sweet and feisty and is a real cuddle-bug.
Our little Emma.

Side note: Mommy set up the ball pit as a new diversion for them since they are still under the weather and it's so cold outside. I put a shot of Kendall climbing in because I think I saw her do that a bazillion times today. She loved getting in and out of the thing. Hey...it was entertainment, so I'm not complaining!

No comments: