Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pee Pee in the Potty! Yeah! #2

OK, I should clarify that #2 means that we have a second child who has pee-pee'd in the potty now.  Miss Kendall!  Woo hoo.  I didn't mean to imply that something else went on in the potty when I put #2 in the title, so don't get TOO excited, though this is definitely good news.
Funny thing about the whole event is that Emma was the one who instigated the potty break this evening while we were just hanging out before bedtime.  Kendall decided that stripping down to your birthday-suit and sitting on the potty looked pretty fun, so she joined in the potty party.  We didn't even think much of it until I checked when picking her up and she had pee-pee'd!  We are very proud of our little big girl!  We did the "pee pee in the potty!" dance and she got her Smartie. 
I still can't even imagine that one day diapers will completely be a thing of the past.  I realize it could still be a while before everyone is out of diapers, but it's just such a part of our routine that I don't know how we will fill the time?  Or the space in the house (used for storing more diapers, a changing area, trash cans available)?

 Oh.  You might even notice the Smarties-dust left around Kendall's mouth after her celebratory candy.  Cute!


Today was a pretty busy day.  We are suffering through miserably hot temperatures right now.  Yes, there are places that are much hotter than Knoxville, but I'm just not thinking about those places right now.  It's hot!  And humid!  I'll even include a "foggy" shot that I took when my lens kept fogging over because it had been in the nice cool house and I was trying to get pics of the kids playing in the garage.
Back to our jam-packed day.... Breakfast at McD's with Poo Pa and Uncle Stevie was great.  I think Clark ate the equivalent of four scrambled eggs (amazing since he won't touch them at home!) and they also enjoyed pancakes, hash browns, biscuits and yogurt.  Then we headed over to Sam's for a very quick trip and back to the house to burn off some energy before lunch and naps. 

While they were sleeping, we kept busy trying to knock out a few projects.  I FINALLY put their Geo Trax train together (a BD gift from Auntie Karen and Uncle Tom) and also tried to set up the Geo Trax airplanes in the play room in order to provide a change of scenery since I doubted that we would spend too much time outdoors.  They LOVED having the Geo Trax set back out and played with it for quite some time.  In fact, I took the girls out in the back yard to play and Clark wanted to stay behind and hang out with the choo choo train.  He REALLY seems to love trains these days.
After some fun in the back yard (Clark did finally join the girls and did I mention that it was HOT and HUMID?!?!?!), we had dinner, baths and more play time.  I forgot to mention that Daddy even pulled out the t-ball tee so that they could try to hit balls in the yard.  Unfortunately, they all seem to want to hold the bats backwards and this doesn't seem to promote contact between the bat and the ball in most cases.  But they did seem to have fun trying something new.


I also forgot to share a funny that occurred when Kendall decided that Smoky the Dog (a stuffed version of the UT mascot) needed a diaper change.  I gave her a napkin which she used like a baby wipe and got him "clean-clean".  Then she really wanted me to give her a diaper, but I convinced her that bloomers were similar.  It was super-funny and was also an example of the nurturing motherly-type/helper personality that seems to be all Kendall.  Love it!





All in all, it was a good day.  Productive.  Hot.  Exhausting.  But lots of family-time and that's what it is all about!
I'm ready to pack it in for the night and enjoy my CLEAN SHEETS!!! 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yea!!! Big cheers for K! Sounds like a VERY fun and busy family day. Did you notice how hot and muggy it was today? :) JK. It was awful and I think we have more of it to come this week. Yipee! Maybe it's time for you to put in a swimming pool. I think the kids would LOVE it.