Thursday, June 24, 2010

Strolling along through another day.....

We have tried to tell them that the strollers are for the baby dolls or stuffed animals and not for them, but I can't guarantee that they always listen.  Tonight, they did not listen and I got a kick out of it, so I had to take some pictures.


Kendall and Daddy took the car in for a tune-up and had breakfast at Shoney's together followed by play time at Books-a-Million.  Auntie Karen took Emma out for a few hours and they hit the Splash Pad in Farragut and had lunch at Perkins.  Clark's teacher came by to see him, so he didn't get out.  Poor little C!

We also had our Thursday night visitors/helpers, Auntie Lynn and Auntie Deb.  I decided that I would skip date-night with a child because the clouds outside were pretty ominous.  It was a great opportunity to do some cleaning out in our bedroom.  There is still so much to go through from my mom's house (old cards, photos, etc) and I want to find a "place" for things.  Additionally, I really need to get YEARS of photographs better organized and now I'm really swamped with stuff to sort through with cards and pictures for the kids.  I made a pretty big dent in the project, so that gives me some relief. 

One of these days I will really need to start scrapbooking.  Aunties Chris, Deb and Lynn gave us little photo albums/scrapbooks for their FIRST BIRTHDAYS and I still haven't inserted the photos. Yes, they did all of the creative work and I still haven't managed to  actually match up pictures to go with the pages they created.  I have a vision of scrapbooking for the kids, but I haven't really been able to keep up with calendars for them either, so blogging is my best option until things settle down......????  OK, unrealistic expectations, but a girl can dream, right?

The girls were looking for hummingbirds at their new feeder that we mounted on the outside of their bay window.  Kendall had fun hanging out in the window and watched a bunny next door, looked for bugs and pointed out anything flying around outside.  Emma just showed up to check out the feeder and went back to the slide.

I've gotta give Troy his laptop, so I need to get this posted. 

1 comment:

"Auntie" Deb said...

Kendall looked like a little old lady when she was getting pushed around in the stroller with the blanket in her lap. It was too funny! Emma pulled her "bait and switch" again tonight too. They were all at the piano, when she started yelling for "elmocise, elmocise!" The other two jumped down and ran toward the play room and she stayed at the piano.